English: Key Stage 1
- Make Enquiry
It is all starts with the word. We make sure it is read, written and heard.
The first year of school can be a huge transition for children. This first foray into academic life can form their attitude to learning which can stay with them throughout their schooling life. For this year in school we emphasise how much fun learning can be. There is numorous stimili to ensure that your child is engaged with all the new concepts and skills they are developing.
Recognition and ordering of the alphabet
Practicing basic blends and connecting them to common words
Sounding out new words independantly
Spelling new words and correct letter formation
- Sound out unfamiliar words and blends
- Common letter sounds and exceptions in multi-syllable words
- Read and independently identify basic words
- Read contractions
- Accurate handwriting
- Practice spelling is known and new words
- Apply phonemic knowledge to decode unknown words
- Read and understand the meaning of words of 2 more syllables
- Understand suffixes and read words with suffixes
- Increase speed and accuracy for spelling and reading
- Understand and retain details from stories to answer comprehension questions
Please submit your details here for this course. A member of our team will get back to you soon.